BIEA Accredited Bicycle Technician
Reports To: Service Manager
FLSA Status: Full-Time Non-Exempt
The BIEA Accredited Bicycle Technician is responsible for providing mechanical repairs and maintenance to bicycles and other merchandise of Coulee Bicycle Co
The primary responsibilities and areas of impact of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Complete repairs and maintenance of bicycles, install parts/accessories
- Document work and accurately and correctly bill for labor and parts
- Ensure understanding of customers needs and clearly explain any concerns
- Apply customer service skills to exceed customer's expectations
- Process parts sales and check in/out bikes following proper procedures
- Provide feedback to the Service Manager on ideas improve the department
- Promote shop's mission, values, and standards
- Responsible for following all store policies and procedures
- Maintain a clean work area and assist in keeping the store presentable
- Continually attend training sessions to enhance mechanical skills and familiarity of products.
- Request additional education in areas of personal interest
- Prior bicycle mechanic or assembly experience a plus
- Graduate of a BIEA Accredited program, or similar
- Present a strong customer service focus
- Ability to communicate and interact with a diverse population
- Mechanically inclined and solid problem solving skills
- Ability to multitask and work with many customers at one time
- Knowledge of computers and technology
- Dedication to get the job done
- Ability to stand, sit and use hands for extended periods of time
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs while utilizing appropriate equipment and safety techniques
- Exposure to various chemical such as grease and cleaning solutions
Starting wages vary with experience and will range from $17-20/hr. Benefits, vacation time, and perks are included.
This position profile is a representation of what is required for an employee to succeed. As company needs change, position expectations may change. It is expected that all employees complete any reasonable request that may not be listed in their job description.
Other positions may be available as well, don't hesitate to contact us!
We love hearing from qualified people. To apply online, please answer the questions below and click the "Submit" button at the bottom to forward this application to us.
Note: * indicates required information